The library offers free training in the use of library information products, tools, and services. Training is offered throughout Oregon and can be customized for your agency or workgroup.
- Legislative OverviewThis class provides instruction in using Oregon State Library databases, resources and services as well as Legislative Assembly resources to get you ready for the legislative session. Resources will include access to: case law, legal periodicals, state level statutes, regulations, and bills. Enroll via State of Oregon iLearn.
- Introduction to Oregon State Library Services, Part 1 – This Adobe Connect delivered class will serve as a bridge for more advanced library classes and will familiarize the participant with how the State Library can assist them with their work. Enroll via State of Oregon iLearn.
- Library Mini-Learning Conference – The Library Mini-Learning Conference is a comprehensive introduction to State Library resources and services available to state employees taught by Government Research Services Staff. Enroll via State of Oregon iLearn.
Classes not yet scheduled
- A Review of the SCOPUS database – Learn how to use Scopus, an interdisciplinary, bibliographic database from Elsevier that indexes the contents of more than 21,000 publications.
Using E-book Collections – This class will introduce you to State Library e-book collections and present the content and features of each
LibGuides – This class is a 101 to building both public and private guides for your agency with LibGuides. Using examples and live demonstrations you will learn what a LibGuide is, how they work, and why LibGuides could make your job easier.
- Full-text Searching Basics – This class provides basic instruction in effective full-text database searching of library databases and a foundation in research methodology.
- Creating Current Awareness Alerts – This class will highlight Oregon State Library-supplied databases that support the creation of such alerts.
- Custom training – Instruction and presentations tailored to meet the needs of your group. Please contact Product Support or call 503-378-8800 for details.